Routes Weekly top five: Avianca, Middle East, Airbus, Cebu, Ghana and more
1. Avianca resurrects plans for regional Colombian airline
Colombian flag carrier Avianca is resurrecting plans to launch a regional airline, five years after scrapping a similar proposal amid trade union issues. Read more.
2. Aviation to play a major role in Middle East diversification
Investment in infrastructure and tourism offerings continues at pace across the Middle East, from major airport projects to new coastal resorts – and there is huge potential for the aviation industry. Read more.
3. Brexit no-deal scenario threatens Airbus' future in the UK
"Far from Project Fear, this is a dawning reality for Airbus," according to Tom Williams, chief operating officer of Airbus Commercial Aircraft. Read more.
4. Cebu ready for the Philippines' booming international passenger growth
Mactan-Cebu International Airport’s new terminal is set to increase overall passenger capacity to 12.5 million, but the Philippines’ second-busiest airport has far greater ambitions. Read more.
5. Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
This week: Cathay Pacific, Flybe, Norwegian, Etihad, KLM, Delta Air Lines, Wizz and more.