SR Technics Confirms Leadership Change

SR Technics has promoted Owen McClave to CEO following the departure of Matthias Dullmann after just seven months in the role.

The Switzerland-based company announced the promotion of McClave, who was previously chief operating officer (COO), on Feb. 5. The statement also confirmed the departure of Dullmann, who ascended to the role of CEO in July 2023.    

In communication with Aviation Week, SR Technics says that "a difference of views" between Dullmann and the company’s shareholders on how to run and lead the company led to his departure as CEO. SR Technics is 80% owned by China-based HNA Aviation Group with the remaining 20% stake held by Abu Dhabi state investor Mubadala.

SR Technics added that its Take-off 2028 program, launched last year, remains unchanged. The program aims to hire about 500 people until 2028 with the aim of doubling company revenues over a five-year period.

McClave joined SR Technics in 2019, initially as senior vice president for engine services before taking the position of COO last summer. In a career spanning more than 30 years, McClave has held roles at Pratt and Whitney and Lufthansa Technik in his native Ireland along with the role of managing director of Vector Aerospace UK until the end of 2017.

As part of a changed leadership, SR Technics' Deputy CEO Ruixiang Gong will assume the role of COO with immediate effect. Ruixiang was previously chairman of the board at SR Technics. Before then, he was president of maintenance at Hainan Airlines as well as general manager of the maintenance department at HNA Aviation Group.

SR Technics specializes in maintenance services for CFM56-5B and -7B, PW4000-94 and PW4000-100, and Leap 1A and 1B engine platforms. Pratt & Whitney’s geared turbofan engine will also become part of the MRO’s network in 2024 with the planned introduction of full overhaul capabilities. The first engine induction is expected in the second quarter of this year.

James Pozzi

As Aviation Week's MRO Editor EMEA, James Pozzi covers the latest industry news from the European region and beyond. He also writes in-depth features on the commercial aftermarket for Inside MRO.