SAS Sells Wideroe Norwegian Regional Operation To Meet Debt Requirements

SAS Group has sold its highly profitable regional subsidiary Wideroe to a consortium of Norwegian investors. The investors, Torghattan ASA, Fjord1 and Nordland Fylkeskommune, now own an 80% stake in Wideroe, and hold an option to acquire the remaining 20% by 2016. The sale is one of the measures...

Subscription Required


This content requires a subscription to one of the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) bundles.

Schedule a demo today to find out how you can access this content and similar content related to your area of the global aviation industry.

Already an AWIN subscriber? Login


Did you know?  Aviation Week has won top honors multiple times in the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards, the business-to-business media equivalent of the Pulitzer Prizes.