Greybull completes Monarch acquisition; plans to cut 700 jobs

Credit: Courtesy, Monarch Airlines
Monarch Holdings, the parent company of UK leisure carrier Monarch Airlines, has been sold to private investment firm Greybull Capital and has confirmed plans to cut 700 jobs. Under the deal, Greybull has acquired 90% of Monarch Group from the Mantegazza family. The remaining 10% will be used to...

Subscription Required


This content requires a subscription to one of the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) bundles.

Schedule a demo today to find out how you can access this content and similar content related to your area of the global aviation industry.

Already an AWIN subscriber? Login


Did you know?  Aviation Week has won top honors multiple times in the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards, the business-to-business media equivalent of the Pulitzer Prizes.