Webinar: The Future of U.S. Foreign Military Sales
This webinar took place January 15, 2021 and sponsored by Makino.
In the final months of President Donald Trump’s presidency, his administration notified Congress of billions in potential Foreign Military Sales – including the possibility of the UAE purchasing F-35s and MQ-9 Reapers, Taiwan to buy guided cruise missiles and reconnaissance pods for its F-16 fighters. In all, Congress was notified of sales worth up to $175 billion in 2020, though actual completed sales for the year totaled just $50.8 billion – a three-year low.
Join us as we discuss:
- What the fate of these proposed transactions might be
- How a President Joe Biden administration may change course
- How the COVID-19 pandemic may influence sales
- How companies can navigate this changing environment
Watch the full recording above.
- Steve Trimble, Defense Editor, Aviation Week Network
- Lee Hudson, Pentagon Editor, Aviation Week Network
- Michael Bruno, Senior Business Editor, Aviation Week Network
Moderated by Jen DiMascio, Executive Editor, Defense & Space, Aviation Week Network
If you missed the webinar and would like to ask the panel your questions, submit them now: