Branson Backtracks On Plan To Offload Virgin Atlantic Shareholding

Credit: Rob Finlayson
LONDON—Virgin Atlantic chairman Richard Branson is to retain control of the airline through his Virgin Group, scrapping plans to sell 31% of the carrier to Air France/KLM.At present, Branson holds 51% of the UK-based long-haul specialist, with Delta Air Lines holding the remaining 49%.Under plans to...

Subscription Required

 

This content requires a subscription to one of the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) bundles.

Schedule a demo today to find out how you can access this content and similar content related to your area of the global aviation industry.

Already an AWIN subscriber? Login

 

Did you know?  Aviation Week has won top honors multiple times in the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards, the business-to-business media equivalent of the Pulitzer Prizes.