Engine maintenance will top regional spending over the next decade. In Asia-Pacific, Aviation Week estimates 36% of the region's $164.5 billion value between now and 2028 will emanate from engines. 94% of this will be from narrowbody and widebody engines, with the remaining 6% generated from turboprop maintenance.
Line maintenance will follow engines to generate the second highest levels of spend in Asia-Pacific. Aviation Week predicts this will amount to just over $39 billion over the next 10 years.
Airframe Heavy Maintenance
Bringing up the rear is airframe heavy maintenance, which will generate around $10.9 billion from this year through to 2028.
Around $34 billion will generate from the region's growing component maintenance repair segment. This figures accounts for a 21% share.
Modifications work will drive more than $21 billion worth of spending from 2019 to 2028. Accounting for 13% of the entire commercial MRO segment in Asia-Pacific, this will come from tasks such as connectivity modifications across airline fleets.