Webinar: How COVID-19 Is Affecting Top Defense Aircraft Programs
This webinar took place May 14, 2020 and was sponsored by Siemens
Despite defense manufacturing being considered “essential” work during the coronavirus crisis in the U.S., UK and elsewhere, factories around the world have faced work stoppages and slowdowns. That leaves countries counting on the delivery of new aircraft waiting. In some cases, such as a delay to deliveries of the Boeing KC-46 tanker, might be welcome news, but in India – which has already been watching its fighter fleet dwindle – slower deliveries of Dassault Rafales will hurt.
- How might COVID change the military aircraft market now and in the future?
- Which programs are likely to experience production slowdowns that last?
- Which fleets will be hit the hardest?
Join Aviation Week Network and industry analysts while we look at how the market for high-profile military aircraft programs has changed since the arrival of COVID-19.
WATCH THE FULL RECORDING
- Richard Aboulafia, The Teal Group
- Craig Caffrey, Aviation Week Network
- Daniel Urchick, Aviation Week Network
Moderator: Jen DiMascio, Executive Editor, Defense & Space, Aviation Week Network
If you missed the webinar and would like to ask the panel your questions, submit them now: