Webinar: Route to Recovery | Latin America, the New Epicentre for COVID-19
This webinar took place June 30, 2020
Latin America has now become the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak, according to the World Health Organisation. The impact of the virus, together with the challenging political landscape in the region, have created huge challenges for the aviation industry across Central and South America. LATAM, the continent’s largest carrier, has applied for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as it seeks a major restructure, and the Argentinean market looks set to remain closed until September.
- How can airlines and airports survive the huge financial pressures?
- What will a reshaped regional market look like post-lockdown?
- How can we recover after the crisis?
Join Aviation Week Network as they take a closer look at the impact on Latin America and what the route to recovery will look like.
- Peter Cerda, Regional Vice President, The Americas, IATA
- João Pita, Head of Airline Business, São Paulo/Guarulhos Airport
- Alejandro Vales, Customer and Route Development Director, ASUR
- Rafael Echevarne, Director General, ACI-LAC
- Chris Warren, Director, Air Service Development, Americas, ASM
- Carlos Criado, Director of Business Development, Quito International Airport
Moderated by Wes Charnock, Editor-in-Chief, Routes
If you missed the webinar and would like to ask the panel your questions, submit them now: