Webinar: Air Transport & COVID-19: Global Alliances and Airline Partnerships in the New Era
This webinar took place May 19, 2020
How will airline partnerships adapt to the momentous changes in the global air transport industry? When the Star Alliance formed in 1997, it began a huge shift in how airlines expanded their networks and engaged with customers, especially frequent flyers. Oneworld and then SkyTeam soon followed, establishing three global alliances that collectively represented the majority of flagship carriers. They rapidly expanded, providing cross benefits to passengers that encourage them to stay within their chosen alliance.
- Will the industry crisis mean fewer alliance airline members and how will any network gaps be addressed?
- How are the alliances supporting their airline members and maintaining frequent flyer engagement?
- How will market distortions from government aid and government ownership of some airlines affect alliances and equity partnerships?
Join Aviation Week Network as we raise these questions and more with the leaders of two major global alliances.
- Rob Gurney, CEO, oneworld
- Jeffrey Goh, CEO, Star Alliance
- Jens Flottau, Executive Editor, Aviation Week Network
Moderator: Karen Walker, Editor-in-Chief, Air Transport World, Aviation Week Network
If you missed the webinar and would like to ask the panel your questions, submit them now: