Qatar Airways takes 49% stake in Italian leisure carrier Meridiana

Qatar Airways acquired a 49% stake of AQA Holding, the new parent company of Sardinia-based leisure carrier Meridiana fly, leaving 51% of AQA Holding to its previous sole shareholder Alisarda. As majority shareholder, Alisarda maintains the right to appoint the majority of AQA Holding’s board...
Alan Dron

Based in London, Alan is Europe & Middle East correspondent at Air Transport World.

Mark Nensel

Mark Nensel is the Managing Editor of Aviation Daily. Prior to taking the helm of daily production of Aviation Week's commercial aviation newsletter…

Subscription Required


This content requires a subscription to one of the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) bundles.

Schedule a demo today to find out how you can access this content and similar content related to your area of the global aviation industry.

Already an AWIN subscriber? Login


Did you know?  Aviation Week has won top honors multiple times in the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards, the business-to-business media equivalent of the Pulitzer Prizes.