MRO Memo: Don’t Miss These Two
Life feels very busy—and sometimes I miss things because they never made it onto my calendar. So to prevent you from groaning because you missed two important events, let me highlight them for you.
MRO Asia-Pacific Sept. 20-24
- It’s virtual this year.
- It’s free to attend. Here’s the MRO Asia-Pacific page.
- We’ll offer the same quality of conference content that we usually offer in person, but it will be virtual. Please note that times listed on the agenda are local Singapore time.
- In case the timing of sessions don’t work for you (say it’s at 2 am your local time), don’t fret. We’ll record the sessions and make them available on demand (so you can binge watch them like your favorite show).
- Don’t miss the networking opportunities, which include the ability to set up online meetings through the event platform.
- Engagement Leader Board: This is new and fun. You’ll accumulate points for visiting sponsors and attending sessions. Win prizes for the highest participation.
MRO Europe, Oct. 19-21
- It’s live! I hope to see you there.
- It will be held in Amsterdam at the RAI Amsterdam (the same exhibition center where we held MRO Europe in 2018). Remember all of the bikes outside the entrance?
- You have the opportunity to visit more than 300 exhibiting companies (so perhaps wear comfortable shoes. But really, haven’t we all been wearing comfortable shoes for the past year?!?).
- I’m particularly excited about this year’s MRO Europe Conference. We have many airline speakers and the sessions are shorter and focused. I’ll be moderating the opening panel “Ramping Up and Ongoing Challenges” with Anne Brachet, AFI-KLM Engineering EVP; Richard Kendall, CCO HAECO Group; Brian Sartain, AAR SVP; and Phil Wardlaw, Virgin Atlantic VP engineering & maintenance.
- We’ll also present sessions in the Go Live Theater on the exhibition floor. Do you know what an autonomous robot for visual inspections is? It’s one of the things on the agenda.
- To plan your visit, here’s the website. It’s full of information to help you plan your visit and to register.
- We’re monitoring the travel requirements daily. Don’t assume you have to quarantine. Check here for the latest. We’re on top of this, so expect this link to include the latest.
- While travel does take a bit more planning these days, do you want to miss this? I think not. I certainly am looking forward to it. (And I do like gouda.)