New estimates suggest the merger between LAN Airlines and Grupo TAM could generate as much as $700 million in annual pre-tax synergies, a significant improvement on the $400 million previously forecast by the two operators. The new guidance anticipates about 60% of the total will come from new revenues and the remaining 40% from cost savings. Between $170 million and $200 million in synergies could be achieved in the first year following the creation of Latam Airlines Group, according to ...

THIS CONTENT REQUIRES SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS

You must have an Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) account or subscribe to this Market Briefing to access "LAN/TAM Merger Could Generate $700 Million In Annual Synergies".

 

Current Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) enterprise and individual members: please go to http://awin.aviationweek.com for access.

 

Not currently a subscriber? Click on the "Learn More" button below to view subscription offers.

Already registered? here.