This is the third article in a series. Stealth is traditionally associated with aircraft shaping, but as more nations field low-observable aircraft and counter-stealth sensors, radar-absorbing materials (RAM) may take on increasing importance. Typically, shaping accounts for 90% of the radar cross-section (RCS) reduction of a stealth aircraft and RAM the remaining 10%. And where RAM might reduce RCS by an order of magnitude, shaping can shrink it by three or four orders. But RAM ...

SUBSCRIBE TO ACCESS THIS ARTICLE

"The 'Magic' Behind Radar-Absorbing Materials For Stealthy Aircraft" is part of Aviation Week & Space Technology’s subscription package. 

Subscribe now to read this full article. And by subscribing, you'll also receive full coverage of what's next in technology from the experts trusted by the global aerospace & defense community. 

 

Already registered? here.