Consultant, Self Employed
· A2/AD: Leveraged unbounded visualization, deep study, and critical thinking skills to evolve A2/AD understanding across all components; key author of Air-Sea Battle; led Pentagon Air-Sea Battle Office.
- Strategist: Employed small group leadership, communication, and strategization skills to develop Air Force 30-year strategy; assisted DoD long-term strategy effort; integrated work into AF/USN funding.
- ISR: Utilized campaign design, rapid planning, and cross-functional group management skills to rebuild current U.S. Iraq aerial ISR operations; built joint future, special access ISR concepts to counter A2/AD.
- International Affairs: Honed rapport building, relationship sustainment, and attentive listening skills to add depth, scope to on-the-ground political/military/economic/cultural knowledge of Middle East, Asia.
- Superior ability to participate in, lead white-boarding to determine key insights in small and large groups.
- Asian, European cultural literacy; Middle East; Arab cultural fluency; Modern Standard Arabic speaker.
- USAF fighter pilot: A-10, F-15E; ISR planning (Operation Sparky Yeager); Joint campaign designing.
- 2014: U.S. Embassy Air Attaché Government of Iraq; shaped White House decision-making; worked closely with all U.S. and several foreign intelligence community entities; U.S. inter-agency immersion.
- 2012-2014: Sales to foreign militaries; established intelligence community presence; language training.
- 2009-2012: Formed Pentagon Air-Sea Battle team; synthesized ASB concept; led Air-Sea Battle Office; linked military actions to national strategy intent via new strategy designs, military operations concepts.
- 2009-2011: Devised counter-A2/AD strategies for U.S. commanders and international partners; worked with foreign militaries to develop classified anti-A2/AD plans; created counter-A2/AD shaping design.
- 2009-2011: Architected special access space, air, land, maritime, and cyber domain operations better exploiting current U.S./ally capabilities to effectively overcome adversary A2/AD concepts of operation.
- 2007-2009: Led first ever USAF-Missile Defense Agency cooperative concept creation/airborne interceptor weapon definition proposal; yielded the Air-Launched Hit-to-Kill (ALHK) framework.
- 2006-2007: Managed Air Education/Training command’s most recent large unit realignment effort; innovative stewardship campaign identified $42 million savings; AF Sijan leadership award winner.
Published Work: Numerous 2014 intelligence reports for U.S. President; Military Review 2013; “Strategic Studies Online,” 2013; DoD 21st Century Defense Priorities, 2012; Strategic Studies Quarterly, 2012; “Air-Sea Battle (ASB) Concept Document,” 2011; Joint Operational Access Concept (JOAC), 2011; DoD Ballistic Missile Defense Review, 2010; “ALHK Concept Paper,” 2009; USAF Safety Magazine, 2007.
Education: Defense Language Institute Arabic, 2012-2013; Master’s Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, 1996; Bachelor’s Telecommunications, Texas Tech University, 1983; Air War College, 2006; Air Command and Staff College, 2004; Squadron Officer’s School, 1990.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Special Background Investigation current.