If the Pentagon is given flexibility in apportioning the “sequestration” budget cuts slated to start in March, the U.S. Air Force’s F-35 program manager, Lt. Gen. Christopher Bogdan, says he will reduce production numbers and preserve flight testing activities. Last week, Air Force Secretary Michael Donley said up to three of 22 Air Force F-35As could be sliced from the fiscal 2013 buy if sequestration takes effect March 1, as scheduled. Meanwhile, Bogdan is encouraging the service ...

THIS CONTENT REQUIRES SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS

You must be a paid subscriber to access "F-35 Chief Prefers To Cut Numbers, Maintain Test Schedule If Cuts Hit".

 

Current Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) enterprise and individual members: please go to http://awin.aviationweek.com for access.

 

Not currently a subscriber? Click on the "Learn More" button below to view subscription offers.

Already registered? here.