The Tata conglomerate has signed a deal with Singapore Airlines plans to launch a full service airline in India, seven months after forming a partnership with Malaysia’s AirAsia to start a low-cost carrier. Under a memorandum of understanding signed Sept. 19, Tata will own 51% of the new airline, while the Singaporean operator will hold the remaining 49%, a Tata spokesman says. “The proposed airline will be based in the national capital, New Delhi, and will operate under the full ...

THIS CONTENT REQUIRES SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS

You must have an Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) account or subscribe to this Market Briefing to access "Tata, Singapore Airlines To Launch New Indian Carrier".

 

Current Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) enterprise and individual members: please go to http://awin.aviationweek.com for access.

 

Not currently a subscriber? Click on the "Learn More" button below to view subscription offers.

Already registered? here.