Some of Boeing's major suppliers said Friday that they do not expect the production cutback the airframe company announced last week to have a major impact on their earnings either this year or next. Pratt&Whitney said it took action back in October, announcing that it would eliminate about 2,000 positions over the next two years. "Nothing that Boeing said surprised us," a spokesman said. The employment cutback at Pratt was "driven not only by the Asian situation but by ...
THIS CONTENT REQUIRES SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS
You must be a paid subscriber to access "Boeing suppliers prepared for commercial aircraft downturn".
Current Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) enterprise and individual members: please go to http://awin.aviationweek.com for access.
Not currently a subscriber? Click on the "Learn More" button below to view subscription offers.