Malaysian low-cost carrier group AirAsia has finalized plans to establish a joint-venture carrier in the Philippines. The formal announcement of the new carrier has been expected for several days. AirAsia Philippines will reportedly operate from either Clark or the Subic former U.S. military airfield near Manila. The airline aims to start flying in 2011’s third quarter, subject to regulatory approval, says AirAsia, which will have a 40% stake in the venture. The other 60% share ...
THIS CONTENT REQUIRES SUBSCRIPTION ACCESS
You must have an Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) account or subscribe to this Market Briefing to access "AirAsia Establishes New LCC In Philippines".
Current Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN) enterprise and individual members: please go to http://awin.aviationweek.com for access.
Not currently a subscriber? Click on the "Learn More" button below to view subscription offers.